Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Love U (A short story)


(Honey ,I'm home!)
He smiled to himself..(Honey ,I'm home)...It was a cleche'. Nevertheless,he kept saying it every time he entered his..no..(Their) home..
He put the keys near the door ,in the small pink basket on the table ,the one she bought him because(The only thing that will catch your attention and make you put the keys in the right place,is the color you hate the most)....He smiled again..As usual ,she was right.He hadn't misplaced his keys since she gave him that basket..
He walked in,looked at her face..
She was there in her usual place..With her usual little smile...He was jsut thinking of how much he loved that smile..
(Well,,I had great news ,dear)
she didnt answer..But he continued as if he didn't notice ,he was so excited..(You remember the promotion I told you about? Guess what? I got it...We have to celebrate)
He walked towards her looked into her eyes..then he touched her face with his hand..
(You believed in me ,You always did..Even when I doubted myself..You never did)
He looked at her face for awile..He knew she was happy.
He laughed a little.
(I know ,I kow..You told me so...You were right ,and I was wrong..Got it..No need to rub it in my face like that)...
He walked around the room..He felt her kind eyes following him..He was excited..
(Yes,we have to celebrate..Any plans ,dear?)
He looked at her ,frowned a little..
(What is that?)
He walked towards her..looked down at her face..
(oooo..I am sorry honey ,My bad..I made that smudge)
He took that piece of cotton cloth ,an start wiping the glass surface...
He looked at her face again..The last picture that was takn of her before she passed away few years ago...She died suddenly..He thought they had all the time in the world. He was wrong.
He looked at the face he loved..He still loves..
(You asked me once: will you love me for ever?...I never answered)
He looked into her eyes again
He whispered:
(I love you....)

No comments: